Activity 14: Hello!

Related topic: Speaking practice (Self presentation)

Who it is best for:
Children, but the activity can be adapted for all ages.

Explanation and objectives:

This activity works as an introductory activity that can be done at the start of the course. Students present themselves using simple vocabulary and phrases.

Materials:  No requiered materials.

How to do the activity:
 

  • Teacher starts greeting their students.
  • Teacher introduces him/herself with the following information: Name, age and profession. For example: "Hello, my name is XXX, I am XX years old and I am a teacher."
  • Teacher now asks one student the following questions: What's your name? (Wait for the student's answer and make sure that the model "my name is XXX is used"), How old are you? (Wait for the student's answer and make sure that the model "I am xx years old") and What do you do? (Wait for the student's answer and make sure that the model "I am a student is used").
  • Now teacher encourages the student to introduce him/herself without the question.
  • Teacher repeats the same with each student.

Hello! | Super Simple Songs - YouTube

Comments